Forest School is an essential part of the curriculum at Ridgeway. We take great pride in delivering our Forest School sessions, enabling the pupils to explore their surroundings, build confidence and develop communication skills. We are very fortunate to have a great outdoor area where learners are able to access a range of activities from bug hunting, craft activities, shelter building, cooking on an open fire and team building activities.
What is Forest School and how may it benefit pupils?
Forest School has an ethos of building relationships and communication by using the natural world/outdoor activities and nature to develop personal, social and emotional skills.
- It facilitates healthy physical, social and emotional development and encourages communication, confidence building and strengthening their emotional control, which improves self-awareness and well being
- Provides a rich sensory experience
- Helps build a student’s resilience and self-esteem
- It has a person centred approach
- It encourages an interest in nature
- Students can choose level of social interaction they want - can participate in individual or team activities
Our Forest School Gallery