E-safety is an important part of your child's education in today's digital world. The internet can be a very exciting place, with lots of possibilities but can also pose a number of risks and dangers.
On this page there is a collection of web links, videos and resources which provide guidance in keeping your child safe on the internet.
If you would like advice with any e-safety issues please contact the school, we would be happy to help.
Useful tips for keeping your child safer online
- Make sure any privacy settings on your child's social media accounts are set so they are only chatting or sharing with people they already know. On Facebook it is the 'Friends' setting and on Instagram ensure their account is set to 'Private'. Be aware that Snapchat now has a 'Snapmap' feature where the users location is broadcast to everyone on their friends list.
- When using Google, use the feature 'SafeSearch' which filters out adult content from search results.
- Similarly on Youtube set the filter to 'Restricted Mode' which filters any adult content.
- You can edit the settings in the App store to ensure your child can only download apps which are age-appropriate.
- Check the parental controls on games consoles.
- Set your broadband parental controls.